[tor-talk] [Fwd: My reason to stop using Tor]

Antonio J. Delgado antonio at susurrando.com
Thu Sep 12 20:42:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

Computer with Ubuntu 12.04 and tor 0.2.3.25-1~quantal+1 as exit node.
NATed and port redirected by a dd-wrt router connected to a fibre
connection at home (just RJ-45 in the wall).

So not compromised at all, I was just used to try to contact a website
(don't know which one, not revealed by my ISP), but the way was
contacted that site was in a way looking for a vulnerability so the site
owner contacted my provider to inform of an abuse. The attacker tried to
inject some SQL query using the tor network to hide him self (and
leaving my ass uncover).

Some people said, don't use your connection at home and use a server.
I'm running a server too for services I want to have... but I don't want
to lose that service for a demand! And paying a host just for tor...
it's more than what I can afford (and why should I pay for a host so a
guy can play hacking games?).
And, do I want to support this kind of people?
I fully support freedom, and privacy. But my freedom ends where other
people's freedom start, and using freedom in a way other people get
hurts or are abused is something I don't want to support. And I don't
want to be the cover of someone else. So I think this project needs some
changes to avoid abuse, don't know what yet, but otherwise I'm afraid it
will die.

On 2013-09-11 23:01, BM-2D9WhbG2VeKsLCsGBTPLGwDLQyPizSqS85 at bitmessage.ch