[tor-talk] Metrics user-count beta related to performance graph?

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:41:58 UTC 2013

08.09.2013 20:08, Noilson Caio:
> interesting analysis, Sebastian.

Hello Noilson,

I wouldn't have called it an analysis... more an easy observation :)
(nevermind)

> The top 5 COUNTRIES WITH HIGHEST NUMBER OF INTERNET USERS in the tor
> metrics:
>
> CHINA
> USA
> INDIA
> JAPAN
> Brazil
> Russia

> USA and RUSSIA still growing. draws attention to the impact, or not, of
> botnets in the first place ranking. china is one of the countries in the top
> five of the victims of botnet. for what reason china has not felt this
> impact?
> the five countries represent 2:44% for all tor users

Like 'cane' I assume that the "Great Firewall" is filtering them out.
Most of them, I guess. It's has some holes.

Today the user graphs look different again. The old approach shows a
drop, while the new approach looks like it would be even out. Maybe it
takes time to see where this develops to, unless someone has any insight.

Regards,
Sebastian G.