[tor-talk] Many more Tor users in the past week?

mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Sep 4 01:39:54 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 12:20 AM, Collin Anderson wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:26 AM, Jens Kubieziel <maillist at kubieziel.de>wrote:
>
>> How is this image different from the Google Docs you sent earlier? I
>>

> Hi Jens,
>
> I suspect my Google Doc was newer data, but I've regenerated the graphs and
> updated the code to clarify this question.
>
> http://cda.io/r/tor-direct-users-2013_08-absolute-SY.png
> http://cda.io/r/tor-direct-users-2013_08_2-relative.png
> http://cda.io/r/tor-direct-users-2013_08_2-absolute.png
>
> Code: https://gist.github.com/collina/6395530

Using either the standard or beta (including requests to directory
mirrors and directory authorities) measures, it looks like direct users
in Syria started increasing in early August, about a week before other
countries. But there are still far fewer direct users in Syria now than
there were in January.

I wonder what it might mean.