[tor-talk] DistroWatch.com donates to TorProject

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Sep 3 02:59:45 UTC 2013

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20130902#donation

"We are happy to announce that the recipient of the August 2013
DistroWatch.com donation is the Tor project which provides software
tools and maintains a network infrastructure for increased anonymity on
the Internet. It receives US$350.00 in cash.

With recent revelations of unprecedented online surveillance by many
governments and their various secret agencies, the question of online
anonymity has started to gain prominence among the public in a number of
countries. As a result, many people have turned to Tor which is probably
the best-known project that develops tools and maintains infrastructure
that attempts to preserve what little is left from our anonymity while
using the Internet.

[...]"

--
Moritz Bartl