[tor-talk] Thunderbird and TorBirdy not using SOCKS5?

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Thu Oct 31 21:52:52 UTC 2013

I downloaded TorBirdy 0.1.1. Than I installed clean Thunderbird from
PortableApps.com. Made sure nothing is called or installed before
TorBirdy. Than I have set up my account. A few of them actually. Than I
installed some extra extensions. TorBirdy is not used for
life–theatening situations.

Today I have noticed that Vidalia tells me about an application, that is
Thunderbird because of the connection time, connects to IPs and that app
should use SOCKS4a or SOCKS5. That explains why the accounts using a
hidden service never worked.

Are the other extensions messing Thunderbird up? It's the latest
upgrade. The TB extension was not tweaked. The network connection is
well set to use SOCKS5.

Any fix without me starting to disable extensions?

Cheers!