[tor-talk] Project Gutenberg

Michael Wolf mikewolf53 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:41:30 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 3:07 PM, antispam06 at sent.at wrote:
> On 31.10.2013 17:53, Manfred Ackermann wrote:
>> I just did it without asking for permission ;-) Same result ... it still
>> comes out of a Tor IP.
>
> AFAIK you don't need permission for creating a mirror. After all, the
> works are in the Public Domain.
>
>> If someone can offer a STunnel or Proxy on a Non-Tor-IP we just bypath
>> there counter-measure with our counter-counter-measure ;-)
>
> Yet, accepting Tor is the only long term solution I can see[1].
>
>> http://64l2vhqwbj3mlia7.onion/ebooks/search
>
> Yea. The exact same error message.
>
> [1] http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Oct-2013/msg00634.html

My first thought was that there is a configuration file at fault
(perhaps .htaccess, but potentially a PHP script that does some DNS
checks...)  But after doing a doing a partial rsync using both commands
they list for mirroring, it didn't appear as if they provide the HTML
for their site.  Do you have a source/link for whatever is generating
the HTML?  I don't have enough disk space to rsync the entire archive
looking for a file that may not exist...