[tor-talk] Project Gutenberg

Matt matt at pagan.io
Thu Oct 31 00:04:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:58:49 +0000
antispam06 at sent.at wrote:

> On 30.10.2013 19:14, Georg Koppen wrote:
> > Works for me.
>
> The relevant line was:
>
> >> Don't use anonymizers, open proxies, VPNs, or TOR to access
> >> Project Gutenberg.

I wrote a letter several months ago to Project Gutenberg, asking them
as a former Librivox volunteer to please stop blocking Tor. I never got
a response back.

I think it's important to continue putting pressure on websites like
Project Gutenberg by telling them about Tor's good qualities and by
asking them to please stop blocking Tor. I doubt that website operators
read the tor-talk mailing list, so they will not know that they are
alienating their visitor base unless they are informed.

Peace,
Matt Pagan