[tor-talk] Project Gutenberg

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Wed Oct 30 15:53:52 UTC 2013

Maybe you all know that, but it came as a shock to me. I'm quite sure a
few months ago it used to work. Not well, some of the exits were
blocked. But anyway:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/

Error 403

To fix this error:

     Don't use anonymizers, open proxies, VPNs, or TOR to access Project
Gutenberg.
     Don't access Project Gutenberg from hosted servers.
     Don't use automated software to download lots of books. We have a
limit on how fast you can go while using this site. If you surpass this
limit you get blocked for 24h.
     We have a daily limit on how many books you can download. If you
exceeded this limit you get blocked for 24h.

If you are sure that none of the above applies to you, and wish us to
investigate the problem, we need to know your IP address. Go to this
site, don't sign up, just copy the IP address (it looks like: x.x.x.x
but your numbers will be different) and mail it to us. If that page also
shows a proxy address, we need that one instead.