[tor-talk] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.0.0-rc2

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Wed Oct 23 10:19:02 UTC 2013

On 23 Oct (06:11:59), adrelanos wrote:
> Lunar:
> > David Goulet (2013-09-02):
> >> After a week or so, the release candidate 2 is now out after receiving various
> >> contributions for BSD and OS X support.
> >>
> >> A quick note. Please use the Github bug tracker for any issues and *not*
> >> trac.torproject.org. Until this code base is accepted as a potential replacement
> >> for the old version, please use the current repository issue tracker.
> >> […]
> >> Please continue to test, review and contribute it! :)
> >
> > For those too lazy to build torsocks manually, I have just uploaded an
> > updated package to Debian experimental [1].
> >
> > David has also opened #10007 [2] so we can finally bless the new
> > codebase after more review. Please contribute if you can.
> >
> > [1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/torsocks/news/20131022T212043Z.html
> > [2] https://bugs.torproject.org/10007
>
> Hi!
>
> Thank yo for doing this.
>
> Will packages for i386 be build?
>
> I failed to build them from your source package, but perhaps you're not
> yet at this point.

There is a patch pending to be merged for i386 support that needs to be
tested. The libc syscall values is kind of tricky on Linux x86. Feel
free to help and test it :).

https:/ /github.com/dgoulet/torsocks/issues/11

Also, any issue with that torsocks version, please open a ticker to the
github bug tracker since this code is not part of the torproject yet.

Thanks!
David