[tor-talk] What are some free and private email providers?

Edgar S EdgarS789 at Gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 20:52:13 UTC 2013

I was also left hanging when tormail shut down. I've found one that
meets my needs. Based in Switzerland. It is Tor-friendly for both
signups and webmail.  Has both an onion hidden address,
http://bitmailendavkbec.onion, and an open address, bitmessage.ch. Free.
The only drawback is that you have to accept an assigned username that
is a long string of random characters.

Another possibility is URSSMail  http://urssmail.org/
http://f3ljvgyyujmnfhvi.onion.  Based in Russia and Brazil. Neither are
very friendly to the NSA. It seems to have some problems currently. I
thought I had created an account, but then I couldn't log into it. But
it lets you assign your own username, and is free, although BTC
donations are requested. As I write, the hidden service is down.