[tor-talk] best distro to use Tor

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:48:11 UTC 2013

A few minutes ago, I wrote:

> BTW, UEFI-based systems have a full IPv4/IPV6 network stack, with PXE
> remote boot and WS-Management remote admin/control, and tools like Perl
> and Telnet baked-in, so make sure your firmware isn't spewing packets
> before Linux and Tor loads. :-)

I've already received email from 2 Perl hackers asking for an URL. :-)
To prevent future ones, and fix a typo: UEFI does not have Perl, it has
a port of CPython 2.7, last updated 2012. Sorry Perl hackers.

(And unlike rest of network stack and Telnet, Python.efi isn't baked
into any System ROMs I know of, it'd have to be added to a system's EFI
System Partition.)

https://github.com/t
ianocore/edk2/blob/master/AppPkg/Applications/Python/PythonReadMe.txt