[tor-talk] best distro to use Tor

Luther Blissett lblissett at paranoici.org
Sun Oct 6 21:11:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 18:03 -0300, Luther Blissett wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> It's hard to recommend one sole GNU/Linux distro - nobody can actually
> know all of them and it's bound to bring flame wars -, but the safest
> path is to look at it's community, the principles behind the gathering,
> its size and longevity and the willingness of its users to contribute
> back.
>
> But if your question is really "which is best for Tor", tor-devs are
> sourcing .deb and .rpm packages, so support is probably better if you
> run debian, rhel or one of its many derivatives.

Sorry for the double mail, but just after replying I went to see the
repos and as it appears, tor-devs are mainly developing tor for debian
based distros and they have some code to repackage to .rpm.

http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/

https://www.torproject.org/docs/rpms.html.en

--
Do not forget that we are cattle on an animal farm which is managed and
handled mostly by machines. Machines do what they are/were told to. What

GPG: 0x48BE63E6