[tor-talk] Silk Road taken down by FBI

BM-2cWto4coLsoD6LrFmFcUeBAua7UU2gvTSR at bitmessage.ch BM-2cWto4coLsoD6LrFmFcUeBAua7UU2gvTSR at bitmessage.ch
Fri Oct 4 15:37:13 UTC 2013

Not necessarily, as long VPN provider doesn't keep logs of your traffic. Like for instance, Phantom Peer works wonderfully since you can use bitcoin for their service.

Create a different username that's wouldn't link back to you. :)

---- Original Message ----
 From: "Jerzy Łogiewa"
 To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org
 Sent: Fri, Oct 4, 2013, 11:26 AM
 Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Silk Road taken down by FBI
Why use VPN at all? Isnt VPN some strange problem? So strange: people keep using the VPN service, but i guess Tor does it better?

--
Jerzy Łogiewa -- jerzyma at interia.eu (mailto:jerzyma at interia.eu)

On Oct 4, 2013, at 6:09 PM, shadowOps07 wrote:

As for VPN, I know several VPN doesn't keep logs at all regardless if they
were subpoenaed or not. And of course, IP is not always static which is a
good thing. And most of the virtual server is located outside of US. When
paying for service, they only accept bitcoin that couldn't be traced back
to me which is a good thing. Of course, USE FAKE EMAIL, and use a different
username.