[tor-talk] Guardian Tor article

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Fri Oct 4 16:48:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 11:38 -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/oct/04/tor-stinks-nsa-presentation-document

Since it hasn't been quoted on-list yet, page two:

                               TOR STINKS
      * We will never be able to de-anonymize all Tor users all the
        time.
      * With manual analysis we can de-anonymize a **_very small
        fraction_** of Tor users, however, **_no_** success
        de-anonymizing a user in response to a TOPI request/on demand.
      * [redacted block of text, because the Guardian cares more about
        safeguarding Obama's ability to kill people than it does about
        the freedom of humanity.]

Of course, this is also from 2007. It's been a long time since then.

Congrats, torproject :-D

--
Sent from Ubuntu