[tor-talk] Can Google location system track TOR users?

Sukhoi sukhoi47 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 21 03:18:40 UTC 2013

On 15/11/2013 11:35, Lunar wrote:
> Sukhoi:
>> I am surprised how google maps was able to track my location, with
>> few meters of error, by using the "Share Location" feature.
>>

>> It is not clear how they are tracking the location with such
>> accuracy. For sure is not using the IP.
> You might want to watch the following talk from 26c3, AFAIK, it is still
> very much accurate:
> http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2009/26c3-3600-de-location_tracking_does_scale_up.html

A wi-fi position system was built! Oh, so terrible.

It time and viable to include on TOR a mechanism, or companion software,
to generate fake wi-fi networks near-by the user, but using real wi-fi
SSID existing on other places, creating confusion to the wi-fi position
system, making harder to identify the user location using this technique?

Sukhoi