[tor-talk] Gmail account without phone number

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Nov 20 00:57:44 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 3:39 PM, Yo Mamma wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been reading on this mailing list that it is not possible to create
> a Gmail account without a phone number.
> I have just created such an account (this one).
> I was curious if this is a change on Gmail's part or if the conditions of
> my sign up were not the same as those having problems.
> I created this account without using Tor, so perhaps that is the critical
> difference.

Please share w/ the rest of the kids.  How'd you do it?  Personally, if
it's ANY sort of anonymity / privacy I'm concerned about, Gmail's the
last one I'd want.  Others will want to know.

Was it thru Tor, or regular browser / ISP?
Which country are you in (don't say, if in one where someone ID'g you
could be dangerous).
Any other (GENERAL) pertinent "how to's" - that won't compromise your
anonymity, if any.