[tor-talk] Is it possible to access healthcare.gov through Tor?

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Tue Nov 12 21:21:20 UTC 2013

On 11/12/2013 11:43 AM, Phil Mocek wrote:
> I have no reason to believe that it has been attempted from every Tor
> exit node, but [other people and I][1] have tried multiple times and had
> no success.
>
>  [1]: <https://twitter.com/search?q=healthcare.gov%20tor&f=realtime>

  Ah, so *you're* the reason why people are suddenly retweeting that
tweet of mine ;-)

  Like many others, I've yet to be able to visit healthcare.gov via
Tor.  It's incredibly stupid of the government to broadly block Tor --
it's precisely this kind of case where one might want to increase their
privacy.

  On the other hand, it's pretty easy to show that there isn't some
broad conspiracy between Tor and the US government ;-)

~Griffin

--
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

PGP: 0xD9D4CADEE3B67E7AB2C05717E331FD29AE792C97
OTR: saint at jabber.ccc.de