[tor-talk] Kaspersky still interferes with SSL port 443 sites

Sukhoi sukhoi47 at gmx.net
Sat Nov 2 19:04:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

Your information is precious.

I am experimenting problems with TorBrowser on the last months.
On most of the web sites I have to reload it 2 to 8 times until it
loads, receiving most of the times messages like this:

--------------------------------
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at blog.torproject.org.
--------------------------------

I updated TorBrowser several times in a hope to fix the problem, but
without success.

Now, with your information, I turned off Kaspersky Pure 3.0 and the
problem just gone.
Seems  the problem is just with, or at least more frequent, with https
connections, and I see a small probability that HTTPS Everywhere may be
playing a role on the problem.

Hope this is not a NSA attempt to track Tor users by using some built-in
functionality on Kaspersky.

Sukhoi