[tor-talk] Thunderbird and TorBirdy not using SOCKS5?

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 06:21:33 UTC 2013

antispam06 at sent.at:

> If TorBirdy 0.1.2 has support for Thunderbird 24, can I just leave my
> current configuration and just upgrade the TorBirdy plugin? As far as I
> can tell, all the connections of Thunderbird 24 are made through Tor,
> less the DNS part.

When you say configuration, which configuration are you talking about?
If it is TorBirdy-specific settings, they will be overwritten so any
changes you made to TorBirdy's preferences will have to be made again.

> Sorry for being an ignorant, but shouldn't TorBirdy list as incompatible
> with Thunderbird other than 17.*?

It should! I am actually surprised why Thunderbird doesn't complain when
you try to install TorBirdy 0.1.1 because the maxVersion is set to 17 in
the XPI.

Anyways, please wait for the next release and till then, using
Thunderbird 17 ESR is the best option.