[tor-talk] DNS provider that does not hijack failures

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Fri May 31 13:54:22 UTC 2013

Hi Joe and Sean,
thanks a lot for your suggestions and discussion!
I have to say Google DNS really isn't an option for me, because I simply don't trust Google. Even if they do have a decent privacy policy for their DNS service, they do store geographic information which I think is unacceptable for a DNS provider. I've considered running my own DNS resolver, however the problem is that I use a Soekris Net6501 embedded PC as my home server which is also running the Tor node, and I think a DNS resolver would simply cause too much overheat on this box.
Thanks a lot though, might have to consider other options if there aren't any other suggestions!
Robin