[tor-talk] Number of tor users

Maimun Rizal maimun.rizal at googlemail.com
Wed May 29 13:38:36 UTC 2013

Hi Karsten,
Thank you for fast reply.
So, now more clear for me to understand.
I try to calculate average Bandwidth per User based on Data from
metrics.torproject.org and I got around 30-40 Kbps/user. but it is total
bandwidth/average daily user. if I want to calculate end-to-end
bandwidth, the result i divide 3. with assumption we have 3 relays to
establish connection (Entry, middle and exit). each relays have equal
bandwidth (only assumption, in the reality, total bandwidth for 3 relays
are different). then, average bandwidth connection is 10 - 15 Kbps.
in VoIP case, we need 30-35 Kbps (iLBC and Speex codec) to have good
quality calls.
then my next question, does TOR ensure the bandwidth for users? at least
each user can get minimum bandwidth around 30 Kbps.
Thank you before,

Regards,
Maimun