[tor-talk] Tragedy of the commons.

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Fri May 24 19:34:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:39:31 -0400
Chris Patti <cpatti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just had to shut my relay down because someone was using it to hijack
> someone else's Gmail account :\
>
> Dunno how I could get around this other than by blocking port 80, which is
> kind of the point :)

"The point" of what? -- and for the record, GMail Web interface uses HTTPS
(port 443), not 80.

If you don't want to run a 80/443 exit node, then consider allowing a number
of different ports except those, AFAIK exits are scarce enough that any port
that is used by people for anything that you can allow, will get used.

However if you run an Exit node without fully understanding legal and other
implications (and you seem to do just that), then by all means please don't :)

--
With respect,
Roman