[tor-talk] Restarting TorBrowser (not all of Tor)

Val C va1c at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 00:12:00 UTC 2013

On several occasions recently, I've visited some buggy Web sites that have caused TorBrowser to crash.  This causes all of Tor to terminate, because Tor apparently decides that if I've shut down TorBrowser (which I didn't, actually, but it doesn't know that), then I must not have any more need for Vidalia.  Is there any way to restart TorBrowser while still reusing the existing Vidalia process and pseudo-IP identity?  Some of the Web sites I use freak out if you suddenly move to the other side of the world like that while using them.