[tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo, some easy steps the community could take

NoName antispam06 at sent.at
Wed May 1 10:52:48 UTC 2013

On 29.04.2013 21:30, Chris Patti wrote:
> Can you stamp them out? No, but can you make it VERY unlikely / difficult
> to simply stumble upon them while investigating Tor-space? Yes you can!
>
> And by doing so, you create an environment where people, taking advantage
> of the incredibly awesome work folks have done with OnionBrowser, who
> aren't necessarily Tor savvy can get a sense for what the system can do and
> come away with a positive impression.

For years a French guy has been living, working and fighting the sexual
tourism in Cambodgia. There are some interviews with him, some available
online. And the story is quite moving. Yet the corrupt authorities have
started a trial and he had to flee the country. In other news I find out
that although Maroc is an islamic country, a good part of the urban poor
get by with prostitution. Men, women, boys and girls. There are no
rules. And the hidden camera shows the police ignoring the trade. Some
militants say there is no word for pedophilia in the Arabic used in Maroc.

Where are the armchair crusaders when people are doing something to
better this world? Would your old bearded man in the sky make it all go
away?