[tor-talk] Need Help with limiting nodes to USA (Was: Need Help)

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 29 17:45:24 UTC 2013

29.03.2013 17:42, William Lucas:
> Ok is there any way to make my IP address from USA without showing up anonymous

Just for clarification, since I might not be able to help you, but would
like to understand the question. It might be easier for others to help
you then.

You would like use Exits inside the USA (having an IP address from US),
without sacrificing anonymity (what I think is not possible). That's
what I read into it, although the last part tends to say the opposite.

Please note that your actual I never changes (sometimes this is a
misconception about how Tor works).

"without showing up anonymous" made me wonder a bit if I would get what
you are trying to achieve. If your threat-model or use-case doesn't
require to be anonymous (to a higher degree than you could) you can
change your configuration without having to worry.

I'm going to reply, if I can be of any help, if not I'll remain silent.

Regards,
Sebastian G. (bastik_tor)