[tor-talk] Tor Volunteer Research Help

Venkatarama Subrahmanyan Watrap Raman vwatra2 at uic.edu
Thu Mar 21 17:08:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am a master's student in comp science at UIC (Univ. of Illinois at
Chicago) planning to do a thesis on comp networks with/without anonymity
online. I came across the volunteer research topics page
(https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Research). The
topics that interest me are a,b, f, g, i, j and l.

I have about an year of school left within which I need to complete
this. I need some direction here as to where to start? Is it a good idea
to go ahead with those ideas for a thesis, given the time I have? Are
there others working on the same? And if I do plan to do it, what are
the tools required and papers to read?

Thanks,
Venkat