[tor-talk] Compass UI tweaks

Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran gsathya at torproject.org
Tue Mar 12 12:31:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> The default count box changed from -1 to 10, which now matches the
> default submit output.

Yes. #8328

> Yet the default boxes for FP, AS, CC similarly imply those are what
> will be in the default output.

They're not defaults. They're just placeholder values. What do you
think would be a good default for CC, FP or AS? I can't pick good
defaults for these.

> But they're not.
> I'd put the defaults and examples outside the boxes.

As I said, I don't want to choose defaults for CC, FP or AS.
Placeholders are the "web development" equivalent of examples.

> Also list the ISO CC codes in the drop down as 'CC, desc'.

This feels like feature creep. But I've had to look up CC values
multiple times myself so this wouldn't be bad thing to add. Please
file a ticket for this.

Thanks!
--Sathya