[tor-talk] Cookie management in tor-browser

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Sat Mar 2 22:58:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 21:38:13 +0100 (CET)
Outlaw <outlaw at omail.pro> wrote:

> > New TorButton has a "Cookie Management" option in its dropdown menu,
>
> Does it work for you? I mean in new TB it works well once before I
> delete some cookie and close TorButton cookie manager. Then it just
> doesn`t see any cookies and "Protect new cookies" is on and can`t be
> changed, even whit TB restart. This behavior is on my 86_6x Linux
> desktop and in Tails.

Is there a document that explains what it means to protect a cookie?
Since TorBrowser is always in Tor mode, is the whole toggle thing
documented at
https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/en/design/index.html.en#id2705686
obsolete?

If i login to a site, i will usually want the site to remember my preferences and such things as last read message.  Sites i dont login to, i do not want them to remember i was there before or any preferences.