[tor-talk] Secure email with limited usable metadata

alice-tor at Safe-mail.net alice-tor at Safe-mail.net
Sun Jun 30 23:48:50 UTC 2013

> I would think that simply finding a mail server that doesn't log
> ANYTHING (like what StartMail is about to offer) and encrypting
> everything should be enough. Of course, you'd need to trust that the
> service really isn't logging anything but that could be solved by
> accessing it via Tor.
>
> So StartMail (when it opens) via Tor should do the trick.
StartMail/tormail does not solve the problem of metadata either. i do not want to hide my identity. i want to use my real name and communicate with people i know in real life. its about *enforcing* content encryption and secure communication so an outside observer cannot easily correlate my social network by snooping on mail traffic at net gateways.