[tor-talk] Binary patch downloads (for updating TBB)?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sun Jun 30 02:32:09 UTC 2013

David Balažic:
> Hi!
>
> You don't realize how big the TBB is until you're forced to use a slow
> connection.
>
> In that light, are there patches available to update between releases?
> It might reduce load on the servers too.

We hope to support the Firefox updater in TBB soon. After some Tor
Launcher cleanup, this is Pearl Crescent's next task.

The Firefox updater uses Mozilla MAR format, and updates contain only
the binary deltas (patches) between two release versions.

Until then, you're still basically stuck removing your previous TBB and
downloading a new one to replace it, though..

--
Mike Perry