[tor-talk] Recommended method for updating an existing TBB

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Fri Jun 28 03:11:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:44:53 +1000
bvvq <beveryveryquiet at lavabit.com> wrote:

> How do other users update their existing TBB software?
> Are my steps for updating incorrect or unsafe?
> Is there a recommended method for updating an existing TBB software?

Extracting over existing Tor Browser is strongly discouraged.
Installing plugins and changing settings is strongly discouraged.

Export your bookmarks. Wipe the existing Tor Browser directory. Extract
the new TBB. Import your bookmarks.

Or just use firefox sync with a throwaway/anonymous email account.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact