[tor-talk] Are non-official projects welcome to Stackexchange Tor Q&A forum?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Thu Jun 20 04:37:59 UTC 2013

Lunar:
> Nick Mathewson:
>> So, we chatted about it a little, and we're not 100% actually sure
>> what the right answer should be there.
>
> For what it's worth, my answer was listed in the missing features for
> AskBot [1]:
>
>   * Add a subsite feature:
>     - a single login should allow to post on different subsites

With one account you can use the whole stack exchange network.
Serverfault, superuser, askubuntu, Tor, etc. They support OpenID (many
providers [1]).

>     - a single user might have different credentials, karmas and badges
>       in different subsites
>     - allow to move questions between subsites (if allowed to do so)

For example general Windows / Linux questions can be moved to other
pages within the stackexchange network, see [4] for details.

>     - subsites can be tied to one or more languages (see multilanguage)

I don't think so. [5]

> Provided we had such thing, general Tor could be one subsite, and we
> could have others for TorBirdy, Tails, Arm, Whonix…

Something like that. For example, serverfault has multiple tags (linux,
apache2, windows, ubuntu, networking etc.). If you click on a tag, you
may get questions which are of interest to you.

Not sure if you like that?

You can also get e-mail notification about tags. [3]

> I don't know if such a thing can be done with Stack Exchange.

I hope I provided good references for these questions. Anyone else feel
free to correct me if necessary.

> [1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-June/028508.html

[1] http://serverfault.com/users/login
[2] http://serverfault.com/