[tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Warren Michelsen Warren at MDCCLXXVI.us
Wed Jun 19 02:34:25 UTC 2013

On Jun 18, 2013, at 1:50 PM, mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 06/18/2013 06:40 PM, Warren Michelsen wrote:
>
>> But do explain how email is a barrier to newbs.
>
> Imagine that you're a new Tor user, with a question that's not addressed
> on the Tor Project website.
>
> How would you search tor-talk archives?

I wouldn't. I'd ask on Tor-talk and have an answer in minutes.

I've done a fair amount of searching on various fora. Often it is a matter of knowing what something is called in order to find it. Often, the feature I'm researching is called something other than what I am accustomed to calling it. Fora come up short if you don't know what to search for.

Also, many fora seem to "disappear" periods from one's search criterion and find nothing at all when I know the answer is in there somewhere.

I've seen fora I like and some I don't. Some are crap. Some are fine. But my first source of info is searching my personal mail archive of mailing lists on my own machine.