[tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Webmaster webmaster at felononline.info
Tue Jun 18 20:29:16 UTC 2013

Hello, Id like to add to this discussion as a personal aside.

When I started using Tor I was a "newb" as it were, with computers.  The
few things I knew about the internet was Email and Google.   Thats all I
needed.  When I went looking for information on TOR the first place I
ended up was the Mailing lists.   I find this process much easier than
Forums (BBS)

The more I got into it the more I realized some down falls to the Forum
idea.   One being a single point of failure.   If the forum is down,
taken down, Blocked, then were do people go?   At least with email even
if the list is somehow blocked, the individual emails addresses are
still there.   Over the years Ive seen many Forums just go to waste
because people dont want to maintain them anymore.

On a side note.  I've gotten to liken the Reddit communities /r/onions
/r/tor /r/security   are great places for information, I do watch them
quite frequently.

Just adding my 2c.