[tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Low-Key² cryptic303 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 19:43:27 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Cat S <catslovetor at yahoo.com>

> In this case I think the "grandma test" is in order. That is, can a grandmother
> easily use the tor-talk mailing-list to get help with Tor?

Both my parents are grandparents and would qualify as technologically inept.  These are people who have called for help connecting to the net only to discover that, in order for that to happen, they needed to have their DSL modem powered on. ;)  Both have subscribed to lists for personal interests over the years.  In the 90s, I'd be more sympathetic to the Grandma Test.  But, with today's incarnation of the net, which is entirely point and click driven for common users, it's not an issue.  If someone figured out how to sign up to Facebook, they can figure out how to sign up to an e-mail list.