[tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 18 13:30:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 07:24:58PM +0600, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:36:50 +0200
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > Why not FB or G+, or whatever.
>
> Well for one, because it will be kind of hilarious when you won't be able
> to use the Tor forum/group/circle/whatever _via Tor_.

The presumed case is whether a Tor user has a problem,
which likely means she can't can't use Tor, so you'll
need a legacy channel for support.

Forums aren't all that bad for support, as more advanced
users will support less advanced ones thus easing your
support load. But you still need at least a few clueful
parties who constantly monitor the forum and prime the
pump by providing high-quality answers.

I've personally used forums to look for support, but
I almost never give support there due to too high
friction. Hundreds of tabs, unlike email where everything
is serialized, forcing you to deal with it.