[tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 18 12:36:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 06:51:05PM -0700, Cat S wrote:

> 2. This e-mail you wrote only very recently appeared in my Yahoo! inbox, and I refresh every couple of minutes. Your second e-mail that's up on Tor Talk hasn't even arrived in my inbox yet. That's why I'm so pissed that Tor deiced to give up on forums [0,1], because mailing-lists are not for average users, nor is a stack exchange page.

Another data point: my email turnaround delivery is
typically instanteous. Sometimes I don't see a difference
between local and nonlocal delivery, at all.

> P.S. I'm sorry about cursing, you're right, I shouldn't' have cursed. But I'm so tired of this stupid discussion, it's been going on for a long time, and the Tor Project still is wringing its hands. UGH!!!!!!!
>
> Why the hell I try to help newbs when Tor Project won't help them, I have no idea . . .
>
> P.P.S. Sorry for top-posting.

There is no reason to scrap a perfectly functional mailing list
with a web forum many people won't use. But why not establishing
a web forum, additionally? As long as some volunteer supporters
will be there, it will actually help some people.

Why not FB or G+, or whatever. I personally won't use it, but
others might.