[tor-talk] "Torifier" for Windows

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Jun 18 06:50:36 UTC 2013

On 6/17/13 9:32 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> Also, its API hooking system is based on the ubiquitous  ZDisasm.c
> file written by Z0MBiE, who to the best of my knowledge never actually
> put a license on it.  So it might be legally problematic to
> redistribute (unless I'm wrong about that, and Z0MBiE *did* explicitly
> put it ZDisasm.c under some open-source license or release it under
> the public domain.)

I tried to write to the guy but his email doesn't exist anymore, not
even his homepage.

The code is already integrated in several opensource project under
various license (LGPL, BSD, APACHE).

It's a curious question, i asked to some friendly lawyer "how" a
situation like this one should be considered from the
copyright/licensing perspective! :)

Fabio