[tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle 3.0alpha1 test builds (Chrash upon launch)

Cat S catslovetor at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 23:45:35 UTC 2013

Matt Pagan:
> On 6/16/13, Andreas Krey <a.krey at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 19:09:28 +0000, Mike Perry wrote:
> >> For everyone who is experiencing these crashes: Do you have a system tor
> >> installed? If so, if you uninstall it and reboot, does TBB still crash?
> >
> > Not sure what 'system tor' is. I have older TBBs on the system, but
> > they shouldn't do anything permanent to the system? Anyway, it crashes
> > the same way after a reboot without having run the old TBB before.
> >

> My system Tor is long gone.

Ok, we have a new hypothesis.

One of the crash scenarios seems to be if you install to non-Desktop
(such as C:\Program Files (x86)\) as Administratror, and then try to run
it as non-Administrator.

Are any of you who experience crashes installing to the Desktop (the
default)?

I confirmed that I am able to run TBB from the default Desktop location
as both Admin and non-Admin Win7 users.