[tor-talk] Relay Only?

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Jun 17 22:01:24 UTC 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:18:20 -0700
Warren Michelsen <Warren at MDCCLXXVI.us> wrote:
> Is there a Linux OS that is best for a Tor relay? (A server
> installation, perhaps?) Does it matter?

Doesn't matter. I've run a relay on my phone in the past.

> Is there a Tor "relay" download or must I install the client to be
> able to configure as a relay? (Calling it a "client" infers that
> there is a non-client version as well.)

There are easy relay-by-default packages for windows and osx. For
linuxes, we assume you know what you're doing and can configure your
own, https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-relay-debian.html.en

Thanks for offering to run a relay.

--
Andrew