[tor-talk] Please help promote Tor's Stack Exchange page

Runa A. Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:58:48 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We have been discussing setting up a Q&A page for a while now. Last
night, I proposed a Stack Exchange page for Tor on [1]. The detailed
version about how this process works can be found on [2], but here is
the tl;dr:

A user proposes a new page, other users follow said page, and users
create and vote on hypothetical questions. Each user can only ask 5
questions, I am not yet sure if there is a limit to how much you can
vote. Once the page reaches enough followers and questions with a high
score, the page moves into the "Commit" phase. A small number of users
will need to commit to help building the site. Once that's done, the
page goes live and is considered to be in "Beta".

The proposal is currently in a "Definition" phase. To move to the next
phase, we need (1) a high number of followers of the page, and (2) a
collection of good, relevant questions.

If you want to help promote our Stack Exchange page, sign up on Stack
Exchange [3], visit our proposal page [2], log in*, follow, ask 5
questions, and vote on other questions.

Thanks!

* You will notice that while [3] has SSL enabled login, [1] does not.
I have raised this issue with Stack Exchange already and hope to hear
back soon.

[1]: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/56447/tor-online-anonymity-privacy-and-security
[2]: http://area51.stackexchange.com/faq
[3]: https://stackexchange.com