[tor-talk] Questions about IT security - can TOR help? Are theyre other systems out there?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sun Jun 2 15:27:49 UTC 2013

On 6/2/2013 7:22 AM, Randolph William Scott wrote:
> Does Tor browser support a java plugin?
No
> And if you download TOR, are there any insecure parts of the process?
No, don't think so.  It's a secure site.  Any insecurity would likely be
in your browser; presence of  *possibly* insecure plugins (you mention
java) and / or extensions (addons); or lack of some security enhancing
addons (NoScript & others).

> any ideas or validation would be nice. I have two weeks to get my
> business up and running as its cost me years of work - and a month of
> unbelievability at the obviousness of specific interference in the open.
> I unfortunately, by reacting to secure my and my daughters and my
> friends and business info, almost cover up any evidence someone doesn't
> pilfer before hand i realised.
Don't know what this means.
> Like the gmail account - libertyblueberry at gmail.com - attacked
> immediately with DNS, spam, and delayed emails - and accessed by
> google and had account information added not associated with me.
1st, if looking for privacy & a provider not data mining; using mined
data or sharing, selling it, etc., Google / Gmail & many other large
providers aren't the places for you.
Some details possibly missing.  Were you running a business email acct
w/ lots of traffic under a free, individual user acct?
Though I don't really care for Gmail (I have a "junk" acct), their spam
filters are generally pretty good (in my *free* acct).
> It is deleted now - after google got sensitive info without actually
> doing anything - so denying and pass on the info to others maybe.
> Spotify, Elance, Peopleperhour, Australia Post, ASIC, ANZ - all -
> gathered identifiable info, delayed, cross referenced,
Did you read Google's TOS?   It's straight forward that they'll take /
use almost everything except your 1st born child.  Most businesses don't
use Gmail, Yahoo, etc., email accts - for the reasons you mention.
> im not one to watch my back all the time and
> constantly redoing the same checks on my info is tiring
But you have to, if you want your data, transactions & business to be
reasonably safe.  Every technology requires some knowledge & expertise
to use it properly & safely.  Internet's no different.
If you're setting up business accts- on websites, email - & you don't
have the knowledge & expertise to put proper safeguards & security in
place, *you may need to hire professionals.*
Don't have the money?  What if your car breaks down & you don't have the
knowledge to fix it?