[tor-talk] Orbot 12.0.1 beta testing

shmick at riseup.net shmick at riseup.net
Wed Jul 24 04:06:06 UTC 2013

Nathan Freitas:

> After much too long, we've got a new build of Orbot out. We've
> switched versioning styles to a simpler major.minor.bugfix model, so
> this is now Orbot 12.0.1.
>
> Since we haven't done a release in awhile, and we have some new build
> tools, I mostly want to make sure I have not done something terribly
> wrong in the build process. Please confirm back if you are able to
> successfully use this release.

i tried on a samsung galaxy gio s5660, cyanogen 7.2, 2.3.7
some significant orbot settings - torify all, tor tethering, use orbot
iptables (i have afwall+ 1.2.4.1 installed from f-droid)

apps that worked:

gibberbot 0.0.11-rc5;
orweb v2 0.4.4a;

apps that didn't:

all other apps

i changed to default iptables but unfortunately it didn't help ... i
didn't enable any debugs at the time