[tor-talk] Off topic. What's the extent of the spying

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 21:21:00 UTC 2013

No takers for this one? If the answer is obvious, maybe you can provide a couple of links elaborating the issue.

	"What I'm wondering (first) is if the US gov't and its accomplices can analyze clearnet traffic with enough accuracy to know what (virtually all) users(or at least IP addys) are doing. Can they for instance pick a residential IP address from a city in japan or germany or thailand, and know what the user is doing? (downloading porn, chatting on irc...using Tor...etc). I'm assuming that's something that 'local' ISPs can trivially do? So, what about the NSA?"