[tor-talk] Will Tor affect Internet Explorer? (newbie question)

cl34r an0n102968 at riseup.net
Fri Jul 12 03:39:44 UTC 2013

On 07/11/2013 11:24 PM, Gabrielle DiFonzo wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi
> I am currently running Windows 7 and my usual browser is Internet Explorer. If I download Tor, will I still be able to use Internet Explorer when I want to?
You can configure Tor to with any browser. However, by doing this you
are compromising anonymity.
>   Will continuing to use IE compromise my Tor privacy?
Yes. The best solution is to download Torbrowser from the Torproject
website, or Tails at https://tails.boum.org. Not only do either of these
solutions work out of the box (in most cases), they also preserve anonymity.
> Will Tor affect my other programs in any way?
Not unless you configure them to use Tor.
>   I am very new to this and mainly a low-tech person. Please tell me everything in very simple terms. What else should I know before I download Tor?
Please read this thoroughly:
https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning

------
Best Regards,