[tor-talk] Should I warn against Tor?

Christian Sturm reezer at reezer.org
Sun Jul 7 15:51:33 UTC 2013

On 07/06/2013 12:46 PM, Jens Lechtenboerger wrote:
> In contrast, without Tor I’m*not*  certain that all my traffic gets
> analyzed.

You may be overlooking the fact that even when you are visiting European
websites you may very well be sending requests to the US. In fact this
is something very likely to happen.

Also wouldn't the behavior of connecting through the US be actually
beneficial in such context?

Lets pretend you want to make a connection to a US server. Your
connection starts at the client side, so your computer, where it will be
encrypted before it goes through Tor relays. Now given your Tor exit
relay is in the US and your (probably unencrypted) traffic really leaves
the network there Tor just provided you with an anonymizing, encrypting
tunnel through those tapped IXs.