[tor-talk] Should I warn against Tor?

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Sun Jul 7 11:37:26 UTC 2013

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 07:23:24 +0000, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> While I'm at it -- you don't think Deutsche Telekom has a deal with
> BND where they hand over all the internal German Internet traffic they
> see? I hope the era where people say "My government is doing everything
> that has been reported in the news so far,

Actually, the BNS snooping on international links isn't really
a surprise - they've been doing that on telephony forever, and
the legal base is probably the same for the internet. (And the
logical place to do so are the DeCIX connections.)

I don't expect them to be inside Deutsch Telekom, but then,
I wouldn't be surprised. Although I must admin that, while
I had the dots (foreign trunk monitoring) I never made the
connection previously that that means they get to see a lot
of google/gmail traffic of germans.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."