[tor-talk] TorWall - experimental transparent Tor proxy for Windows

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 07:30:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM, reqrypt <basil at reqrypt.org> wrote:
> The driver is my own project.  Nemea just sign my pre-built binaries on my behalf.

ok. thanks :)

> If you prefer it is possible build the WinDivert driver from source:
> https://github.com/basil00/Divert/tree/7f70f9a575554ffcb662a5a7c72e466a970b0124
> (this is the version you'll need, not the latest commit).

this look pretty decent; i am curious if you've considered two areas
(perhaps in docs i've not yet read),
 a) system or non-user context activity. e.g. program accessing remote
WebDAV over HTTPS as file sytem while system user and context provides
the WebDAV communication and mounts. is there a way to associate
requesting process or user, or must all system communication be
treated opaquely / en masse?
 b) kernel resource consumption impact, if any. does a lot of traffic
through the diversion consume significantly more non paged pool, or is
the overhead negligible under load?

> To use your home-built driver you'll need to either sign or test-sign it.

yes, sys drivers and WDK dev are fun...
there are other ways to load, but not recommended! *grin*