[tor-talk] Directory Server Decentralization

Raynardine raynardine at tormail.org
Thu Jan 31 07:30:10 UTC 2013

On 1/30/2013 6:08 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> PIR-Tor is another idea, not quite DHT, not quite the current model,
> http://www.usenix.org/events/sec11/tech/full_papers/Mittal.pdf

Hmm. I don't think a DHT is strictly-speaking what I'd recommend, but if
a bunch of men with guns arrested the administrators of the directory
authorities and demanding their private keys, I doubt that those
administrators could really limit the scope of damage.

Tor is not a toy, real people use it for real citizenship.

After reading about PIR-Tor, I am not amused and not pleased.

I'm sure you guys would not care if I left, and you probably wouldn't
care if those I know also left Tor, but if you guys do not take this
matter seriously, Tor will become irrelevant.