[tor-talk] Proxy Problem?

JerryR j3rryr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:18:42 UTC 2013

> I had the same problem.  Before the update, did you uncheck the "Configure Control Port automatically" option in Vidalia?  In the new TBB the default control port was changed to 9151 and the socks port correspondingly changed to 9150.
>
> To fix it, i completely removed my old TBB folder and then unpacked the TBB, then unchecked that option again.  I'm sure there is a simpler tweak but i wanted to clean out the folder in case there was other cruft and old add-ons lying around.
I'm having the same problem with this update (and the change of port &
TorBirdy is another issue), and I'm using that option unchecked, the
only - temporary, in time it doesn't work either - solution is to
completely delete the TBB folder and extract it again (I'm using it on
W7 x64)

Best Regards,
JerryR